Paul Osborne, AAP Senior Political Writer
(Australian Associated Press)
TURNBULL SCHOOLS DEAL:
* Australian schools to receive $23.5 billion over the next 10 years ($4.9 billion above the Government’s original plan)
* Under-funded schools to reach funding targets in six years instead of 10.
* National Schools Resourcing Board to be set up to review and improve the school funding methodology.
* Benchmarks for state and territory governments to pay their share. If the states don’t meet the benchmarks the federal government will withhold some funding.
* By 2023 all schools will receive at least 95 per cent of their target “schooling resource standard” funding.
* $50 million “transition fund” for Catholic and independent schools over 12 months.
(Source: Nick Xenophon Team; Liberal sources.)